Renovation of Civil Infrastructure – Berbice Transmission Towers
Co-operative Republic of Guyana
The Guyana Power and Light invites sealed bids from selected bidders for the Renovation of Civil Infrastructure – Berbice Transmission Towers.
- The Projects Department serves as the implementation agency for this project. Bidders may obtain further information from the Project Officer – Civil, Projects Management Department, Guyana Power & Light Inc. @ 257/259 Middle Street, Cummingsburg, Georgetown, Tel. 608-8568 or 225-7929, email@example.com
- The bidding documents can be purchased for a non refundable fee of G$5,000 from the Procurement Manager, Guyana Power and Light Incorporated, 40 Main Street Georgetown Guyana or an electronic copy can be downloaded free of cost from our website www.gplinc.net. IMPORTANT: Bidders downloading the electronic copies are advised to forward a registration email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the following: Bid Number, Name of Bidder, Address, Contact No. and Email address.
- A bid Security of 2% of the Bid Price must be submitted along with the bid.
- Bids must be placed in sealed envelopes and addressed to: The Secretary, Tender Board, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 91 Duke Street, Kingston, Georgetown and deposited in the Tender Box before 10:00 hours on Tuesday, October 13, 2020, and marked on the top right hand corner of the envelope “Bid for Renovation of Civil Infrastructure – Berbice Transmission Towers.”
- Late Bids will be rejected and returned to bidders unopened. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders/ representatives who choose to attend in person at 10:30 hours on the closing date at GPL, 91 Duke Street, Kingston. All local bids must be accompanied by valid GRA and NIS Compliance Certificates.
- A Mandatory Site Visit and Pre bid Meeting will be held at the Project Site Office, Canefield Power Station, East Canje, Berbice on Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 11:00 hours.
- The Guyana Power & Light Inc. is not obligated to accept the lowest or any bid.
Note: Any bidder/representative who chooses to attend the opening of this bid will be subjected to entry protocols in keeping with the COVID-19 pandemic. Only one (1) representative is allowed per entity and the representative will be subject to a body temperature test, hand sanitizing and mandatory use of face mask at all times. Failed body temperature tests and/or resistance to comply with the aforementioned will prohibit your participation in the bid opening.