Purchase of Scrap Metal and Decommissioned Buildings (Deconstruction and Removal)
PURCHASE OF SCRAP METAL AND DECOMMISSIONED BUILDINGS (DECONSTRUCTION AND REMOVAL)
GPL is inviting sealed bids for the purchase of scrap metal and decommissioned buildings (deconstruction and removal) as follows:
- Lot 1 – Decommissioned Versailles Power Station inclusive of an undetermined amount of underground metals and scrap metal in the compound
- Lot 2 – Decommissioned Anna Regina Power Station inclusive of an undetermined amount of underground metals
- Lot 3 – Transformers comprising various metals and oil at Anna Regina
Contact persons and period for viewing are as follows:
Location Contact Persons Contact # Period for Viewing
Versailles Kevon Wilson 625-0343 Nov 26th, 2019– Jan 6th, 2020
Lot 1 Lindsey Shepherd 623-1991
Anna Regina Kevon Wilson 625-0343 Nov 26th, 2019– Jan 6th, 2020
Lot 2 Lindsey Shepherd 623-1991
Omesh Yogashur 624-2033
Lot 3 Kevon Wilson 625-0343 Nov 26th, 2019– Jan 6th, 2020
Lindsey Shepherd 623-1991
Omesh Yogashur 624-2033
For further information, please contact the relevant persons on Monday – Friday between 8:30 hours – 11:30 hours and 13:30 hours – 15:00 hours.
Terms & Conditions:
- The buildings and scrap metal are sold on an “as is, where is” basis.
- Bidders MUST provide sufficient evidence of “registration with” and “certification by” The Ministry of Business.
- Each Lot MUST be placed on individual bid forms.
- Prospective Bidders are only allowed to submit one (1) bid per lot.
- Bids for Lots 1 and 2 MUST include a deconstruction plan inclusive of:
- Timetable for various activities
- Evidence of access to or ownership of machinery/equipment to be used
- Method of removal of all materials
- Bids for Lot 3 MUST include a plan for the removal of the transformers inclusive of containment of the oil.
- Prospective Bidders MUST CLEARLY indicate the lot on the bid form.
- Payment of 100% must be made in cash or via manager’s cheque to Guyana Power & Light Inc by the successful bidder within seven (7) working days of written notification. Failure to pay within the stipulated period will result in the next successful bidder being considered.
- After payment, scrap metal and decommissioned buildings must be removed within the proposed timetable.
- Removal and transport of the scrap material from the location would be the responsibility of the bidder.
- Successful bidders would be required to provide a list of employees who would be working at these respective locations.
Bid forms will be available at The Procurement Department, 40 Main Street, Georgetown as well as on the company’s website http://gplinc.net/bids/.
Bids must be placed in sealed envelopes bearing no identification of the bidder’s name on the outside and must be clearly marked on the top, left hand corner “Bid for Purchase of Scrap Metal and Decommissioned Buildings – GPL-PD-058-2019”. Submissions must be addressed to and deposited in the Tender Box at the address below. Applications are to be received no later than 14:00 hours (Guyana Time) on January 7th, 2020.
Secretary to the Tender Board
Guyana Power & Light Incorporated
91 Duke Street, Kingston
Time and place for opening of bid: 14:30 hours on Tuesday 7th January, 2020, The Boardroom, Guyana Power and Light Inc., 91 Duke Street, Kingston, Georgetown, Guyana, South America.
GPL reserves the right to reject any or all Bids and to remove or re-offer the scrap metal and decommissioned buildings for sale.
Scrap Metal and Decommissioned Buildings for Sale by Tender
To: Guyana Power & Light Inc.
Subject: Purchase of Scrap Metal & Decommissioned Buildings – Lot ……………… (Please indicate lot)
Reference: Invitation No GPL-PD-058-2019
We offer to execute the purchase described in your Invitation referred to above in accordance with the Terms and Conditions enclosed therewith at a total Fixed Contract Price of –
GYD _________________________________________________ [ in figures]
GYD _________________________________________________ [ in words].
This bid and your written acceptance of it shall constitute a binding contract between us.
We understand that you are not bound to accept the highest or any bid you receive.
We hereby confirm that this bid is valid for 60 days.
Authorized Signature: ___________________________Date: ______________
Name & Title of Signatory: _____________________________________________
Name of Bidder: _____________________________________________