Procurement of Works: L5 69kV Transmission Lines and Substations Upgrade
Country: Cooperative Republic of Guyana
Project Name: Energy Matrix Diversification and Institutional Strengthening of the Department of Energy (EMISDE)
Loan/Grant number: 4676/BL-GY
IFB Title: Procurement of Works: L5 69kV Transmission Lines and Substations Upgrade
IFB No. : ICB No. GPL-IDB-001-2020
- This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in Development Business, issue no. IDB508-05/19 of May 10, 2019.
- The Government of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana has received financing from the Inter-American Development Bank toward the cost of the Energy Matrix Diversification and Institutional Strengthening of the Department of Energy (EMISDE), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this financing to payments under the Contract for procurement of Works for GPL.
- The Guyana Power and Light Inc. now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for construction of an additional 69 kV transmission line between Kingston and Sophia at a higher rating than the existing line and on separate structures, and upgrading the existing L5, 69 kV transmission line to the rating of the new line.
- Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the Policies for the Procurement of Goods and Works financed by the Inter-American Development Bank, GN-2349-9, and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Policies.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Program Coordinating Unit- Power Utility Upgrade Program/EMISDE at email: email@example.com, CC: firstname.lastname@example.org and inspect the Bidding Documents during weekdays at the address given below from 09:00 hours to 15:30 hours.
- Qualifications requirements include: Business Registration/Incorporation documents, valid Guyana Revenue Authority and National Insurance Scheme Compliance Certificates (Local Bidders only). A margin of preference for national contractors/JVCAs shall not be applied
- A pre-bid meeting and site visit will be held on December 10, 2020.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by emailing a request to email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively by contacting address (a) below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Five Thousand Guyana Dollars (GYD 5,000.00) or in a freely convertible currency. The method of payment will be wire transfer, Manager’s Cheque or cash for which a receipt will be issued. The Bidding Documents will be issued on a flash drive.
- Bids must be delivered to the address (b) below on or before 09:00 hours on Tuesday, January 26, 2021. Electronic bidding will not be permitted.
- Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person or at the address below at 09:00 hours on Tuesday, January 26, 2021. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of Five Million Guyana Dollars (GYD 5,000,000.00) or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency.
- The address(es) referred to above are:
- For Information regarding the Bid Documents:
Power Utility Upgrade Program/EMISDE
Guyana Power and Light Incorporated.
103 Carmichael Street,
Tel: 592 – 227 –1686/8
- For Submission:
Procurement and Tender Administration
Ministry of Finance
Main and Urquhart Streets