Invitation For Bids-Construction of Admin Building and Internal Road at Onverwagt Power Station
Co-operative Republic of Guyana
The Guyana Power and Light Inc. invite sealed bids from qualified bidders for the Construction of
Admin Building and Internal Road at Onverwagt Power Station.
1. Interested bidders may obtain further information from the Project Manager’s (Civil Engineer’s
Office), Guyana Power & Light 257/259 Middle Street, Cummings burg, Georgetown, Tel. 227-
2. A complete set of bid documents can be purchased for a nonrefundable fee of G$5,000.00 from the
Secretary – Supply Chain Manager, Procurement, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 40 Main Street
Georgetown Guyana or a copy can be downloaded from our web site http://www.gplinc.com
3. Qualification requirements include valid Income Tax and NIS Compliance Certificates, Work
Programme, List of Similar Projects, List of Equipment Available for the Project. If the Bid is from
a firm/company, a copy of the business registration must be attached.
4. Sealed Bids must be delivered to The Secretary to the Tender Board, Guyana Power & Light, 91
Duke Street, Kingston, and Georgetown on or before 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday March 09, 2021.
5. Bid opening is schedule for 14:30hrs (2.30 pm) on Tuesday March 09, 2021 in GPL’S Board
Room, 91 Duke Street, Kingston in the presence of bidders / representatives who choose to attend
6. Bidders downloading the bid document are advised to forward a registration email to
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com stating the following:
Name of bidder, Address, Contact No and Email address.
The above information will be used to inform bidders of any amendments to the bidding document and also to forward all responses to queries.
7. All bids “shall” be accompanied by a “Bid Security” of 2 % of the bid price.
8. The Guyana Power & Light is not obligated to accept the lowest or any bid..
Note: Any bidder/representative who chooses to attend the opening of this bid will be subjected to entry protocols in keeping with the COVID-19 pandemic. Only one (1) representative is allowed per entity and the representative will be subject to body temperature test, hand sanitizing and mandatory use of face mask at all times. Failed body temperature test and/or resistance to comply with the aforementioned will prohibit your participation in the bid opening.