GPL-PD-040-2021 – Inspection of Tower & Associated Systems – Berbice Transmission Towers.
Co-operative Republic of Guyana
The Guyana Power and Light invites sealed bids from selected bidders for the Inspection of Tower & Associated Systems – Berbice Transmission Towers.
1. The Transmission and Distribution Department serves as the implementation agency for this project. Bidders may obtain further information from the Senior T&D Engineer – Transmission and Distribution Department, Guyana Power & Light 257/259 Middle Street, Cummingsburg, Georgetown, Tel. 640-6176 or 333-6685, email@example.com
2. The bidding documents can be purchased for a non-refundable fee of G$5,000 from the Procurement Manager, Guyana Power and Light Incorporated, 40 Main Street Georgetown Guyana or an electronic copy can be downloaded free of cost from our website gplinc.com. IMPORTANT: Bidders downloading the electronic copies are advised to forward a registration email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the following: Bid Number, Name of Bidder, Address, Contact No. and Email address. A complete set of bidding documents is attached to this invitation.
3. A Bid Security of 2% of the Bid Price must be submitted along with the bid.
4. Bids must be placed in sealed envelopes and addressed to The Secretary, Tender Board, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 91 Duke Street, Kingston, Georgetown and deposited in the Tender Box before 14:00 hrs on Thursday, September 16, 2021, and marked on the top right hand corner of the envelope “Bid for Inspection of Tower and Associated Systems – Berbice Transmission Towers.”
5. Bidders downloading the bid document are advised to forward a registration email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com stating the following: Name of bidder, Address, Contact No and Email address
6. Late Bids will be rejected and returned to bidders unopened. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representative who chooses to attend in person at 14:30 hours on the closing date at GPL, 91 Duke Street, Kingston. All local bids must be accompanied by valid GRA and NIS Compliance Certificates.
7. A Site Visit and Pre-bid Meeting will be held at the Project Site Office, Canefield Power Station, East Canje, Berbice on Tuesday, September 7, 2021at 10:00 hrs.
8. The Guyana Power & Light Inc. is not obligated to accept the lowest or any bid.
Note: Any bidder/representative who chooses to attend the opening of this bid will be subjected to entry protocols in keeping with the COVID-19 pandemic. Only one (1) representative is allowed per entity and the representative will be subject to body temperature test, hand sanitizing and mandatory use of face mask at all times. Failed body temperature test and/or resistance to comply with the aforementioned will prohibit your participation in the bid opening.