GPL-PD-001-2022 – the Construction of Control Building and Foundation for Generators at New Friendship, Wakenaam.
Co-operative Republic of Guyana
The Guyana Power and Light invites sealed bids from selected bidders for the Construction of Control Building and Foundation for Generators at New Friendship, Wakenaam.
1. The Projects Department serves as the implementation agency for this project. Bidders may obtain further information from the Senior Project Officer – Civil, Major Projects Department, Guyana Power & Light Inc. @ 257/259 Middle Street, Cummingsburg, Georgetown, Tel. 608-8568 or 225-7929, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. IMPORTANT: Bidders are advised to either forward a registration email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, stating the following: Bid Number, Name of Bidder, Address, Contact No. and Email address, or to call 2262600 ext. 1335 expressing interest in obtaining bidding documents and providing information details. A confirmation email will be sent in response with a complete set of bidding documents attached.
3. A bid Security of 2% of the Bid Price must be submitted along with the bid.
4. Bids must be placed in sealed envelopes and addressed to: The Secretary, Tender Board, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 91 Duke Street, Kingston, Georgetown and deposited in the Tender Box before 14:00 hours on Tuesday, January 25, 2022, and marked on the top right-hand corner of the envelope “Bid for Construction of Control Building and Foundation for Generators at New Friendship, Wakenaam”. Electronic copies of bids are to be submitted electronically to GPL’s Electronic Tender Box: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before said day and time.
5. Late Bids will be rejected and returned to bidders unopened. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at 14:30 hrs on Tuesday, January 25, 2022, on the closing date in GPL’s Board Room, 91 Duke Street, Kingston.
All Bids must be accompanied by valid GRA and NIS Compliance Certificates.
6. A Pre-bid Meeting will be held at the Project Site on Monday, January 17, 2022, at 11:00 hrs.
7. The Guyana Power & Light Inc. is not obligated to accept the lowest or any bid.
Note: Any bidder/representative who chooses to attend the opening of this bid will be subjected to entry protocols in keeping with the COVID-19 pandemic. Only one (1) representative is allowed per entity and the representative will be subject to body temperature test, hand sanitizing and mandatory use of face mask at all times. Failed body temperature test and/or resistance to comply with the aforementioned will prohibit your participation in the bid opening.