Brokerage services are hereby sought from Registered Brokers for the preparation of customs documentation, as well as ensuring that shipments meet all applicable laws regarding the import and export of goods. Determine Customs Duties and Taxes where applicable and payable when required. Broker(s) would be required to make payments on behalf of GPL Inc. and file applications for CG Letter(s) and tariff reclassifications.
Job Requirements: Broker(s) must have experience in ASYCUDA
- Classify goods according to tariff coding system.
- Examine product information to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Prepare and process import and export documents according to Customs Regulations, Laws or Procedures.
- Make payment on behalf of GPL Inc. of Taxes and Duties when required on shipments and local charges
- Clear goods through GRA and coordinate with GPL Inc. Procurement Department to arrange transportation and other logistics.
- Calculate duty and tariff payable on shipments.
- Stay abreast with changes in import or export Laws or Regulations by reading current literature, attending meetings, conferences and conferring with colleagues.
- Updated knowledge of legal or regulatory environments.
- Coordinate regulatory documentation activities.
- Advises GPL Inc on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements, quotas or other customs-related matters.
- Advise GPL Inc. on legal or regulatory compliance matters.
- Confers with officials in various agencies to facilitate clearance of goods through Customs.
- Obtain documentation to authorize activities.
- Obtain line releases for frequent shippers of low-risk commodities, high-volume entries, or multiple-container loads.
- Coordinate with freight forwarders for destination services.
(1) For tender to be considered, the following are required:
a. Copies of original documents defining the constitution or legal status, place of registration, principal place of business & Individual/Company VAT Certificate.
b. VALID National Insurance Certificate and VALID Guyana Revenue Authority Compliance Certificate required from all local service providers.
c. Information regarding any current litigation in which the service provider is involved, the parties’ concerned and disputed amount.
d. Satisfactory evidence of the capability and adequacy of resources to execute the service efficiently and effectively. This entails submission of the following:
- List of Equipment Owned (where applicable);
- Records of Past Experience or similar works;
- Financial capacity (where applicable);
- List of Qualification and experience of key personnel (where applicable).
Interested parties shall make their submissions electronically to GPL’s electronic Tender Box: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 14:00hrs on Friday, January 15, 2021.